bitter sanity

Wake up and smell the grjklbrxwg, earth beings.

Monday, July 26, 2004

[posted by jaed at 10:43 PM]
What the...?
I thought Tim Blair was having a little fun with his readers. I mean, yes, we see references to the Jews controlling the world... in Egyptian papers and in the weekly khutbas and occasionally in ANSWER missives. Not in mainstream Australian newspapers, usually.

Comes now Margo Kingston, who writes for the Sydney Morning Herald(warning: evil registration involved; follow the link to Tim's site above for quotes if you don't wanna bother). In this column, she responds to a reader note:
Hi Margo. Please see below our e-mail to Minister Downer today concerning Australia’s vote in the UN General Assembly on the West Bank wall. This one has really slipped under the radar. Why, we can all ask, was there no public debate about this? (Margo: Because the fundamentalist Zionist lobby controls politics and the media in the US and Australia. A chapter in my book by Antony Loewenstein includes an indictment of the tactics of these people by Bob Carr. For an example of the Libs in the Zionists pockets, see Award honours PM’s support for Israel.)
(bolding mine)

This week, the followup. It seems Ms. Kingston just has no ahhDEEEahhh why y'all are so upset:
I am not anti-semitic, and I thought what I wrote was a statement of fact. Is there a language problem here? [...] I admit I'm at a loss to understand the anti-semitic charge. Is it the use of the 'Zionist' lobby? After all, there are Zionist Federations everywhere. Or is it the suggestion that this lobby controls politics and silences the media on the Israel issue? I'd really appreciate your advice on this - it seemed so uncontroversial when I wrote it - I suppose because I mix largely with left wing Jewish Australians. Is there another form of words which won't offend people but makes the same point?
Well, no, Margo, I don't think there's any form of words you can use to express the thought that the Joooooz and their sekrit Jooooo cabal run the world that won't be offensive. And no, I don't think this is a language problem. Even though some of your best friends are Jews. Good God.

I have to admit I'm at a loss. What planet is this again? And what decade is it supposed to be? (@#$%! malfunctioning time capsules. Set it for 2004 and it decides you really want 1938, every time...)


Powered by Blogger

 

Contact:
bittersanity@jaedworks.com

Archives:
current

Past archives