bitter sanity

Wake up and smell the grjklbrxwg, earth beings.

Sunday, March 23, 2003

[posted by jaed at 9:49 AM]
And lo, the blind see and the deaf hear:
I was a naive fool to be a human shield for Saddam:
The human shields appealed to my anti-war stance, but by the time I had left Baghdad five weeks later my views had changed drastically. I wouldn't say that I was exactly pro-war - no, I am ambivalent - but I have a strong desire to see Saddam removed.

We on the bus felt that we were sympathetic to the views of the Iraqi civilians, even though we didn't actually know any.
[...]
Jake, one of the others, just kept saying, "Oh my God" as the driver described the horrors of the regime. Jake was so shocked at how naive he had been. We all were. It hadn't occurred to anyone that the Iraqis might actually be pro-war.
(via Instapundit)


Powered by Blogger

 

Contact:
bittersanity@jaedworks.com

Archives:
current

Past archives